Sunday, January 9, 2011

Let Us Now Praise Webb Wilder


I am happy to share the news that my great friend and long time client Webb Wilder is going to be inducted into the Mississippi Musicians Hall of Fame next Tuesday January 18th. This honor puts Webb in the company of such notables as Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Mose Allison, Tammy Wynette, Bo Diddley and of course, his aunt Lillian McMurry.

I've wanted to post something about Webb for sometime just because, in all honesty, he is a beacon of rock and roll. The music that he and his cohorts make, defies categorization (other than perhaps the term "swampadelic") and never fails to inspire me or lift my spirits. Webb also serves as a great example of how to age gracefully in this business while still delivering the goods. After 20+ years of albums and movies it is gratifying to see the last of the full grown men get the recognition that he deserves from his home state.

No comments: