Friday, March 11, 2016

The Educated Songwriter



It seems that recently I have been answering a lot of questions about songwriting (not the process itself – I would probably have to quote Lou Reed here "One chord is fine.  Two chords is pushing it.  Three chords and you're into jazz.").

            No, these are basic questions that seem to have a lot to do with co‑writing and the general business of dealing with other people in what is essentially a solitary creative art.

            I kept wishing that I had  a resource I could suggest to these folks and I realized that the answer was right in front of me.  My friend, Cliff Goldmacher has a fantastic web site called The Educated Songwriter (http://www.educatedsongwriter.com) where he offers consultations, webinars, books and most importantly a regular blog.  The blog is a great resource which offers advice on the music business, technical aspect of recording, co‑writing and the craft of writing in general.  It's really good stuff.

            I have known Cliff as a songwriter, producer and studio owner.  He's a smart,  talented guy and it makes sense that he can demystify many of the arcane aspects of songwriting.  I recommend The Educated Songwriter to anyone interested in learning more about the craft and business of songwriting. 

No comments: